We fix it right, that's the American way!
Water Repipes with "PEX piping".
We specialize in installing Uponor Pex piping in your home or business.
Since 1989, American Plumbing has been providing reliable plumbing services at the reasonable rates you've come to expect. We also offer military DISCOUNTS!
Plumbing emergency in the middle of the night. We offer 24/7 emergency repairs!
Call 281-486-5575 ,
281-487-2274 any time.
• Flexible PEX tube is manufactured by extrusion, and shipped and stored on spools, where rigid plastic or metal piping must be cut to some practical length for shipping and storage. This leads to several advantages, including lower shipping and handling costs due to decreased weight and improved storage options.
• PEX plumbing installations require fewer fittings than rigid piping. The flexible tubing can turn 90 degree corners without the need for elbow fittings, and PEX tubing unrolled from spools can be installed in long runs without the need for coupling fittings.
• Attaching PEX tube to fittings does not require soldering, and so eliminates the health hazards involved with lead-based solder and acid fluxes; PEX is also safer to install since a torch is not needed to make connections.
• PEX resists the scale build-up common with copper pipe, and does not pit or corrode when exposed to acidic water.
• PEX is much more resistant to freeze-breakage than copper or rigid plastic pipe.
• PEX tubing does not transfer heat as readily as copper, and so conserves energy.
• Water flows more quietly through PEX tube, and the characteristic "water hammer" noise of copper pipe systems is virtually eliminated.
• PEX plumbing installations cost less because:
- PEX is less expensive than copper pipe.
- Less time is spent running pipe and installing fittings than with rigid pipe systems.
- Installing fewer fittings reduces the chances for expensive callbacks.
• PEX is an acronym for crosslinked polyethylene. It is a flexible, durable, proven piping product that has been used in plumbing systems for more than 20 years. PEX tubing won’t pit, scale or corrode and, because of its flexibility, it also offers potential freeze-damage protection.
• Uponor plumbing systems feature PEX-a tubing, which is considered the superior PEX tubing manufacturing method in the industry. PEX-a is the most flexible of all PEX types, and because of its shape and thermal memory, it can use ProPEX® expansion fittings which are the only fitting system that actually gets stronger over time – making it highly leak resistant.
• Flexible for fewer fittings, reduced leak-point liability
• Resists corrosion, pitting and scaling
• Retains more heat in hot-water lines
• Resists condensation on cold-water lines
• Expands up to 3X its diameter to help resist freeze damage
• Connections do not require the use of dangerous chemicals or solvents
• Offers a complete lead-free system from inlet to faucet
• NSF International certification for water purity
• Backed by a 25-year limited warranty on PEX tubing and ProPEX fittings